The first Royal Hotel was built in October 1863, wrecked in a storm a couple of years later and then rebuilt.  The Royal Hotel sits on the corner of Earne and Broome Streets at the most eastern point of Naseby. On the west is the former Maniototo County Council Offices (1878), across the road is the Jubilee Museum.

A popular watering place for locals and visitors, offering a great range of food.